Re: Drivers/Owners of British Cars

To: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>,
Subject: Re: Drivers/Owners of British Cars
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 18:50:22 -0400
> --- "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com> wrote:
>
>  I think, actually, that drivers of British cars are  probably more
> spiritual than other car drivers. You just have to have some faith in
> things that you can't see. You have to believe you're not going to
> flip over. Sometimes, you must believe the car will simply start.

Um, you gotta be more in tune with the car, and you gotta
know what to do when it won't start, or won't warm up,
or smells to high heaven of raw gas, or won't stop at
the end of the straight. Blind faith is a most dangerous
attribute for driving old British cars.

Craig Boyle wrote:

> Ever seen anyone British own a British car? Didn't
> think so. We're not that stupid.

I'm leaving this one for B. Spencer, esq.

Rich Urschel