flames, flames, flames

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: flames, flames, flames
From: "Phil Esra" <philesra@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:33:13 PDT
>Oh yeah, it's all my fault.  So you stayed at the same hotel.  BIG DEAL.
>Just because YOU had a perfect room doesn't mean that everybody else did.
>It just so happens that my room was quite nice EXCEPT for the lack of A/C
>and the UNWILLINGNESS of the staff to address the problem.  And for that
>you say I'm overreacting?  It's nice to know you're so open-minded.

People bust their asses for this sport. It's understandable that Jeanine
took it personally that you responded to her email with a complaint about
the hotel she had worked closely with to obtain a discount for you and the
rest of us. I would've been hurt too. Put yourself in her shoes.

>  I spent the next three days sick ANYWAY, so you can be happy about
>that, if you even believe it.

I'm thinking your getting sick doesn't actually make Andy happy, based on my
interaction with him.

>Now you and the rest of your little SFR Clique(tm) has managed to >alienate
>yet another player from your elitist group of >Holier-Than-Thou types that
>prefers to sit back and pat themselves on >the back for working their butts
>off for "the good of the region," >and then attack those who might have a
>difference of opinion.

Actually, steering committee meetings (I assume this is the clique you're
talking about?) can get pretty combative. Plenty of differences of opinion
there, trust me.

Not >true?  Well, it's sure how it comes across to
>me, and to others.  Remember the NASA school a few months back?  I spoke
>to no fewer than SIX long-timers, and every one of them agreed with my
>assessment of SFR.

Seems like there's a lot of bad blood and old wounds between Dennis and some
of the SCCA old-timers. But most people in both (all) camps actually like
and get along with each other, as far as I can tell. It's basically the same
people sharing the same passion for driving.

>Guess what? I've made MANY, MANY suggestions to the region and offered to
>help more times than I can count. They've all been IGNORED or passed over
>as "unnecessary."

I'm sorry. If you made them the way you made your suggestion about the
hotel, though, try to understand why they might not have been as well
received as you would've liked.

>I can see clearly that my opinion is not valid, or even welcomed in this
>region.

It seems to be the delivery. You're not the only one with feelings.

>  I've no doubt failed to suck up to the right people, attend all
>the steering committee meetings, which are so conveniently held way down
>in the south bay, where no one in the east bay can realistically get to
>during the week... OR chaired a bunch of events.

Yes, going to meetings and chairing events are the best ways to understand
the complex underpinnings of the SFR Solo II program and therefore enhance
the credibility of your proposals.

>  And the difference between myself and some of the others is
>that I'm not afraid to speak up and piss people off.

My perception is that you're also considerably angrier and more dissatisfied
than others. I'm a little apprehensive about typing this and adding myself
to your long enemies list. But I want to defend the people I've come to
respect and like in SFR, AAS, and Sac Chapter.

>There's just no point in even attempting to deal with the SCCA anymore.
>NASA just got a new member.

Hey Dennis: INCOMING!

Phil