Re: SCCA memberships

To: owner-ba-autox@autox.team.net, ba-autox-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SCCA memberships
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:39:19 -0800 (PST)
  My formal membership only dates back to '87.
However, like John, as a starving student I worked at
some events in '66 through '68. I drove a Volvo 544,
and a Datsun roadster. We also autocrossed a buddie's
bugeye Sprite that we grafted a Datsun roadster motor
into. And another we grafted a Volvo B18 into. My
Volvo and Datsun were impressive enough to try to use
them to modernize the already old English products. We
also had a prewar Fiat Toppolino (actually a Simca
copy but that is really too weird to explain) that we
never actually got done, we upgraded it with one of
the Sprite motors. Not everything was MG and pure even
then. Really I mostly fixed the things while my
buddies ran them.
  I stopped after the twins were born and came to
autocross after that problem was resolved some twenty
years later.
 In those days workers did not need "no stinking
badges", and therefore no memberships nor numbers.
John and Pat still have me covered.

=====
Dennis Hale
Do You Yahoo!?