"Open that bottle for Sid night" was, RIP Sid Deleon, age 66

To: evolution-discussions <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: "Open that bottle for Sid night" was, RIP Sid Deleon, age 66
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 21:55:50 -0500
"Open that bottle for Sid night" was, RIP Sid Deleon, age 66

>From the obit:
"A private service will be held at a later date for close friends and family
and per his wishes, ''a good bottle of wine will be required.'' "

I don't think I ever met Sid, but I know I would have liked him since he
required the above. I may not crack a bottle of vino tonight for him (gotta
do beer, it IS Super Bowl), but Thursady night I will. If anybody else wants
to do a "Open that bottle for Sid night," mark your calenders for February
9th (or February 11th if Saturday is better). Those that knew him could post
a thought about sharing a bottle with Sid or perhaps what you remembered
about Sid when you open that bottle.
Indeed, RIP Sid.

Matt Murray

randychase wrote:
RIP Sid Deleon, age 66

Sid's wife Gail emailed team.net about Sid's passing. Sid was active on the
old team.net mailing list and in the autocross community. Our thoughts are
with his family and friends.

http://www.legacy.com/nola/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=16568082
deLEON Sidney Joseph deLeon,III, age 66 years old, born on February 12, 1939
in Charleston, South Carolina, long time resident of Covington, Louisiana,
died peacefully on Saturday, January 28, 2006 at 11:14 p.m. at the home of
his sister (in-law) and niece, where he and his wife have been living after
evacuating for Katrina.

Beloved husband and best friend of 29 years of Gail Braud deLeon. Son of the
late Helen Dwyer deLeon and the late Sidney Joseph deLeon, Jr. Brother of
Bruce deLeon and Denise deLeon Becknell. Father of Sidney Joseph deLeon IV
and Louis Scott deLeon. Stepfather of Troy Martin Miceli, Sr. and Terrell
Andrew Miceli. Grandfather of Troy Martin Miceli, Jr., Joshua Miceli,
Christopher Miceli, Michael Miceli, Terrell Miceli, Jr. and Travis Miceli.
Survived by a host of nieces and nephews.

He served his country in the United States Air Force as a flight engineer in
SAC (Strategic Air Command.) An avid race car driver, he was a long time
member of Delta Region of SCCA. Charter member of International Compressor
Remanufactures Association, of which he was President in 1974 and served on
the Board of Directors for many years. He was also an instructor of
Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning at Delgado Community College. Owner of
Hermetic Machines, Inc. in New Orleans for 40 years.

The family suggests that memorials may be made to the charity of one's
choice. Sign on-line guest book at www.legacy.com. LAMANA-PANNO-FALLO
FUNERAL HOME IN CHARGE OF ARRANGEMENTS. A private service will be held at a
later date for close friends and family and per his wishes, ''a good bottle
of wine will be required.''
Published in The Times-Picayune on 2/1/2006.