dealing with decals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: dealing with decals
From: Brian <bmc@snort.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 14:42:41 -0400
How do you all deal with large decals with clear space on your daily
drivers?  For most of my decals, I apply the decal to a large sheet of
magnate paper and cut it out.  Some of the decals I have not used yet
(namely Hoosier & Mazdaspeed) are not bumper sticker style.

The decals have quite a bit of empty space that would not look so hot
on my white magnate sheet.

I could cut each letter out by hand, but I'd end up spending over an
hour putting magnates on my car before each event getting everything
to line up right.

I've also thought about applying them to vinyl and making static cling
style decals out of them, but I have no idea how well that will work.

So, how do you all deal with these types of decals?

Brian