Warranty Woes

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Warranty Woes
From: "Ken Adamson" <krylar@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:12:45 -0500
Our local club allows you to provide a "handle" which is output on all the
scoring reports (which, incidentally, are what get uploaded to the web
site).  Time to assume aliases, I'm thinking, for all the Honda and Mitsu
drivers out there.

Of course, you can also simply assume responsibility for your own
automobile.  If you wreck your car racing, your insurance company isn't
going to pay your cliam (unless you lie to them about how it happened).  I
blew out both pivot bushings on the lower control arms on the front of my
car - they are a warranty item under my bumper-to-bumper clause.  However, I
ponied up the $99 for a master set of urethane for the car...

Besides, as someone has already mentioned - every manufacturer - every
single one of them - specifically excludes damages arising from
participation in competitive motorsports from warranty coverage.  "What the
dealer/manufacturer doesn't know, won't hurt me" is not the ethical mindset.
If you race, and you break your car - that's *your* problem...

Ken in OKC
'01 STS PT Cruiser
'72 FSP BMW 2002