Re: Fiero upgrade, new GTO - hmmm - Pontiacs and autocross?

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fiero upgrade, new GTO - hmmm - Pontiacs and autocross?
From: George Ryan <george.ryan@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 19:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> George, don't think the Fiero owners are alone in teire declined requests.
> The early 911 guys want to update to later chain tensioners, the V-8 guys
> want windage trays, ad infinitum.  The rule is the rule.  If you want
>something
> within that limit, fine.  If you don't, go to the next level.  God knows we
>have
> enough levels of preparation.  It's the only way to have a structure that
>works
> and is consistent.  Otherwise, owners of certain models of cars will always
>be
> putting something over on their competitors.  Kind of "legal cheating" if you
>will...
>
> Charlie

I requested allowance to put the entire cradle and rear supension form a STOCK
1988 Fiero into an early chassis. The 1988 Fiero is on the same lines and in
the same classes as the 1984-1987's. The other competitors in any class would
be
running nothing more complex than an 1988 Fiero - - which they are doing
anyway,
right now, today!

The purpose of the request was to even the playing field in SP and SM2 for 92%
of
the Fiero community so they can compete heads-up with the other 8%, the '88
model. I thought the purpose of update/backdate in the first place was to do
just that,
to even the playing field within the same car/model?

Please explain how my request could even come close to being construed as
cheating?