RE: [evolution-disc.] STS2 and SMU at National events

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] STS2 and SMU at National events
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:32:52 -0500
At 10:29 AM 2/16/2004 -0500, Mark Chiles wrote:
>A couple of other items that were not in the supps for the Atlanta Pro event
>that were news to everyone..
>
>ANY sort of active and/or passive tires warmers/covers are now illegal in
>grid, pregrid, staging, or in the rerun/2-driver line.
>
>Leave the insulation material and/or tire covers at home.

Mark or anyone else:

Out of curiosity, what is the reason for this new rule? Try to equalize
tire temps for two driver versus single driver cars? With the new all four
runs at once format it would seem tire covers wouldn't get used during
normal runs anyway, just between drivers and then later during the
challenge between early rounds.

Any plan (proposed rule change or Nationals/Tours supps) to ban tire covers
in Solo II? Hey that's an idea. No tire covers for two driver cars and no
water spray on tires or cooling system, etc. between runs for anyone. Also
no external fans or batteries. If you want to run a fan you have to carry
the weight. Works for me (obviously) :-)  (Note that I am NOT really
proposing this so no nasty grams please:-)

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF