Re: Have you seen the latest Mini ad campaign?

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Have you seen the latest Mini ad campaign?
From: Yeoh Yiu <squid@panix.com>
Date: 08 Feb 2004 15:08:36 -0500
Smokerbros@aol.com writes:

> > Am I nuts or is this nuts?
>
> Uh, "yes" and "yes"  ???
>
> I agree with you and hope that SCCA does in fact discuss this with MINI and
> get them to alter this campaign to encourage MINI owners to seek out
>sanctioned
> legal events.
>
> Charlie

MINI has been encouraging learning about and participating in SCCA events:

screenshot of MINIUSA's flash website:
http://derfotohof.net/autos/mini/miniusa_scca_02.PNG

or scroll down to April/May 2003 on
http://omor.com/mini/potw.php

As compared to the typical high performance car advert regard of
prudent driving, I find the MINI's adverts to be quite tame; it's only
the specifically mentioning 'cones' and 'parking lot' that's
noteworthy here.