Re: Z4 hardtops in SSB

To: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>, <BobTunnell@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Z4 hardtops in SSB
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:57:56 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>
To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>; <BobTunnell@aol.com>;
<autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 7:51 AM

> >And certainly those Z4 drivers who have been racing in good faith all
> season.
>
> Rocky I think part of the problem is the Z4's weren't raced all season.. I
> went through all the National points for each division and didn't see a Z4
> get any points (though some divisions didn't put the car the drivers got
> points in TC for example)

Making a couple of assumptions here -- first a fairly safe one that the
*drivers* have been racing all season in the class; second a less safe [I
could be wrong] one that the *cars* have been eligible to race all season,
or most of it, but in real time the drivers were not able to get all the
parts they needed (i.e. tops) to do so until late. IOW, eligibility with a
specified package was always there, being able to put the package together
took a while.

> A lot of people spent good money to show up only not to
> race... If nothing else it should have been decided after the race.  I
> personally would have rather won on the track and be DSQ then excluded
> before I can even race.

Roger that! It's like we in solo give a provisional extra run when there is
a question, and decide later if the driver gets to keep it. Thus, if the
ultimate decision favors the driver, he's not screwed by procedure.

It still seems to me the CoA has usurped the Comp Board's mandate to
classify cars. And even the BoD's authority to approve such?

--Rocky