Re: Directions to Forbes from 70 coming East

To: <jamesh220@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Directions to Forbes from 70 coming East
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:44:36 -0500
That's how I'd do it now.

Might be a couple more miles -- but you get an open highway at 70 mph
instead of a heavily-trafficked city street at (sometimes) 50 mph.

Exit the Turnpike at the South Topeka exit, pick up I-470, then do just as
you described below.

(BTW & FYI for others reading: I-70 is the Kansas Turnpike to the *East*
Topeka exit, where that designation leaves the 'pike to continue west.
Turnpike turns southwest at that point, skirts the east side of Topeka, and
those heading for Forbes exit at the South Topeka interchange. Turnpike has
no numeric designation from East Topeka to Emporia, where it picks up I-35).

--Rocky