MRIU finals

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: MRIU finals
From: James Rogerson <jrogerson@Houston.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:01:04 -0500
What a great time.  Tremendous competition, great organization and a really
fair and equalizing format.  Each of us got two runs in four different
cars.  1 though 20 in the first two cars, then 20 through 1 in the second
two.  Those of us in the middle drove four cars one after the other.  No
time to reflect on how things were going, but the course was fresh.  Each
of the cars were alike, yet different.  Subtle things, like the throttle
response was slightly different or the shift would be quicker or
slower.  Just little things.  I couldn't stay off the "kenny" cone.  Just
could not force myself to consistently wait (the red mist was just welled
up inside me).  <sigh>

Brian and I were walking course and he remarked that he couldn't think of a
better way to prepare for Nationals mentally.  I have to agree.

As I said in my interview, my biggest regret is that I probably won't be
alive for the 20th anniversary.  <BG>  Steve Brollier promised to take my
laps for me.  Probably be my best times ever.

James Rogerson
DSP #77 (black car is not up to the trip)