Re: Proposal for Certified Course Designer Program

To: <JDMurphy47@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Proposal for Certified Course Designer Program
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:33:22 -0800 (PST)
> Rocky's region was deeply involved with the Nationals when they were in
> Salina and Rocky's Mirrorkhana's for years before that so they have had
> the benefit of being involved with the country's best; I consider his
> region a positive exception.

Why don't you consider your situation a negative exception?  Have you
polled the region chiefs or other contacts throughout the regions to see
how widespread this "problem" actually is?

You haven't responded to any of the scenarios I presented as to how or why
you think matters will be improved by the imposition of your course design
certification program.  Indeed, you went from posting a rather top-heavy
design with required training, certification, and administrative
documentation, to saying you just wanted people to read a course design
guide.  I suggest you make up your mind what you're willing to stand
behind, post THAT, and explain the benefits you expect to accrue or an
example of the pervasive problem you are trying to solve.

> I will just keep on trying to make things better for our sport.

Whenever I hear that sentiment expressed, my immediate reaction is to take
three steps back and seek hard cover.

KeS