Re: Insurance Question

Subject: Re: Insurance Question
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:06:15 -0600
Although, as has been said, what the insurance geeks claim it is will
probably be the definition most favorable to them, it is my understanding
that "speed contest" is codeword for "midnight drags"

OTOH, I have heard of cars damaged in an autocross mishap that WERE covered,
with the insuror buying the SCCA premise that what we do is neither race nor
speed contest (the lack of wheel to wheel helps a lot there).

It depends. It depends on who your insuror is, who your agent is, whether
the claims guy is a jerk or not, what state you are in, what company insures
you (and even that aspect has inconsistent effect from state to state),
whether the stock went up or down last week, the phase of the moon, etc,
etc, yada yada.

Which all means, there is no yes/no answer that applies in all situations.
You have to find out what it is locally. I bailed on State Farm because of a
hostile corporate attitude toward what we do despite a friendly agent, other
State Farm customers in other states were heartily recommending them as
friendly to our sport. Go figure.

--Rocky Entriken