Honda Bushings

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Honda Bushings
From: Larry Andrews <andrewld@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:47:49 -0800 (GMT)
Don't know what your plans are regarding staying in stock class or bumping up
to SP or ST...if you're interested in staying in stock, here's some advice.

Compensator arms are pretty cheap from Honda, less than fifty bucks each.
You'll spend *hours* getting the freakin' urethane bushings installed...
www.hondaautomotiveparts.com gives great prices.

Here's a trick regarding the trailing arms is to make friends with a Body Shop
that only works on Hondas.  Offer them $150 for a new pair of trailing arm
bushings and if you're really lucky, they'll hammer them out of a NEW set of
arms and swap the old ones back in for the easy C-note.  Of course, it always
helps to know someone.  :)

Regarding toe, it's pretty easy to set the rear toe as long as the wheels are
off the ground.  Try setting it way in and way out and see how each feels.  I
did that at a driving school once.  (NOT recommended!)  Was great to watch the
instructor massively loop the car...had no idea I changed setup.  Poor guy
thought he broke something!  hehehehe  Anyway, try some changes and learn for
yourself what works!  It's really not hard to do.

Larry Andrews  (90 CRX Si, 91 Miata, 99 Honda Energy XS125 Kart)