Re: OFF TOPIC: Cd repair kits?

To: "Jason G. Rhoades" <jzr@mysterons.com>,
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC: Cd repair kits?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:42:03 -0500
Ahh yes, I too burn my own.  But the problem is there is always at least one
"pop" per CD in there somewhere and the compression software really sucks
the life out of what were once nice digital recordings.  Much in the same
manner that DDD CD's, while "technically correct, just aren't as "warm" as
vinyl pressings.

But I already have a rather extensive collection of pre-recorded CDs.  In
fact, this week alone I've been adding many titles by The Thin White Duke to
my collection.  The Man who sold the Moon, Ziggy, Sound & Vision, etc.  It
is these recordings that I would like to preserve/restore.

Thanks anyway.

Eric