Shaving ECSTA V700s

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Shaving ECSTA V700s
From: "Nathan Dyck" <nathan@mitsi.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:43:28 -0600
I bought some ECSTA V700s from tirerack unshaved for autocross on asphalt.  I'm
interested in maximizing their life and occasionally it rains during the early
parts of the year so I did not get them shaved.  I also ran the victoracers
unshaved and never had a problem.
Recently I noticed this on tirerack's web site:

The ECSTA V700 must be shaved to 3/32" - 4/32" tread depth for any autocross or
track use in the dry.

It looks like the first event will be bone dry. Do I need to find a local tire
shaver and get them shaved, or will they be okay.  The car is a 91 MR2 Turbo
(Standard BS setup) with 195/55R14 front and 225/50R14 in the rear.

Thanks.
Nathan