New Evo 8

To: "autocross digest" <autox@autox.team.net>, <wichita-scca@autox.team.net>,
Subject: New Evo 8
From: "Greg Reno" <greno@sunflower.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 15:30:03 -0800
I just came back from test driving a new Mitsubishi Evolution 8. All I can
say is WOW! This a serious purpose built race car. I haven't heard any
rumours as to what class this beast is going to be in. But I was almost
questioning if SS was fast enough to keep up. This might be another one of
those cars like the Viper or CobraR that will go right to SP. While I pretty
much have come to the conclusion that I won't be buying one. It had me
smiling from one ear to another. Tons of TORQUE!!! Flat handling, serious
grip, eye popping brakes. But the ride quality and noise was too much for
daily driving. But this will make one hell of a dominate autox or track car,
at least till the STi comes out.
Greg Reno
Mazda MX-3 GS V6
#36 HS