Re: Minor waivers

To: "John Lieberman" <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Minor waivers
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:43:23 -0600
Just called Judy Cox again. She tells me I heard correctly yesterday ... but
now I've put enough doubt in her mind (reflecting the doubt put in mine by
you, et al) ... that she's gonna check with Pete and e-mail me back.

Not a done issue yet. Maybe the ultimate effect of this exercise is to get
Judy on the same page as Pete! LOL.

I get a feeling their *intent* is that the minor waiver (with both parents
signed off) can be a permanent thing. I pointed out to her the published
guidelines do not seem to say that, as the word "annual" is in the first
sentence.

With three or four of us bombing in on Pete on the same question, I'd bet a
cohesive answer comes out of it (and maybe a slight edit of the guidelines).

I'd even like to see a line in the guidelines -- if annual execution is what
is wanted -- that flatly stated "The multi-event waiver must be competed
anew every year." Or, in the alternative, "The multi-event waiver, once
properly completed, is good until the minor reaches the age of majority."

--Rocky