Lexus IS300

To: "autocross digest" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lexus IS300
From: "Greg Reno" <greno@sunflower.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:04:43 -0700
I was wondering if there was anyone on this list running an IS300,
preferably an 02 with a 5speed manual. I was kicking around the idea of
replacing my daily driver (Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5sp) with one of these. I'm
just trying to get an idea if this is a good candidate, before going out and
buying one, then finding out, it wasn't what I expected. I may autox it
locally/divisionally/maybe nationally. I just had a few questions about some
basic things. I know there are some drivers out there doing reasonably well
in them. I watched Derek Butts at nationals last year, wow, who'da thought a
"big" 4dr auto would have done so well. So here goes my list of questions...

*What brand and what size of tires are you running?
*How much alignment adjustability are in these cars?
*How are the stock struts doing?
*Has anyone done anything to the exhaust? And how loud has it gotten?
*Has anyone installed a trailer hitch for a tire trailer? How does it tow?
*Feel free to add any other comments, that may be of interest.

Thanks a bunch.
Greg Reno
Mazda MX-3 GS V6
#36 HS