AXware timing sytems opinions please.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: AXware timing sytems opinions please.
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:18:00 GMT
This came to me secondhand.  I am not identifying the author because I am
quoting
him without his permission.  I don't think he cares, but netiquette is
netiquette!
 No, he is not rrschultrich@attbi.com.  That is Rex, our Vice-President.

Minnesota Autosports Club (MAC) is engaged in autocrossing.  We range from 80
to 140 entrants per event.

I think that our current timing system is a Chronologic(?) box, sensors and
display box wired to an eclectic collection of laptops running
mostly-home-brewed
software.

Lately, we have been plagued with reliability problems and would like to get
a new system that will not give us a lot of trouble, nor break the bank.

The member who graciously volunteered to make a whirlwind tour of available
timers sent us a report.  His conclusion was that we ought to immediately buy
a system by "AXware".  That portion of his report follows.

I'd like to get some feedback from folks who have actually run this hardware
and software.

If you want to reply though the list, fine.  Just once in a while, I ask a
question
that is undoubtedly within the charter of this list.  :-)

If you want to reply privately, Rex and I will will protect your anonymity.

> AXware Systems:
>
> http://www.axwaresystems.com/
>
> Very nice system.  Comes with software.  The software would fully
integrate
> the entire event, from registration to posting a year end point spread, to

> even mailings and HTML posting.  Software is also fully network capable,
> meaning three computers can all be running the software.. "Network
Enabled:
> provides Registration Client, Timing Control Server and Announcer Client
on
> networked computers."  Full GUI, Windows based, needs 98 or up to XP.  I
> downloaded the software and had myself registered and running the event
> within 10 min.  Will manage the entire membership as well.   The hardware

is