Re: Springs in Stock

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Springs in Stock
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@infi.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 02:45:02 -0400
Phil Ethier wrote:

> From: "Jon Byrne" <rael@intelos.net>
>
> > Can you do anything with springs in the stock classes?
>
> No.
>
> > I know you can't do
> > anything that would lower the car,
>
> Sure you can, if there is an adjustment to lower the car they tell you in
> the owners manual you can use for ordinary driving.  Well, I don't expect
> very many cars have that.  Citroen?

Torsion bar equipped cars can legally adjust ride-height, to the limits
of normal adjustment.  '84-'87 Civics and CRXs come to mind.  Certain
Mopars would also have Torsion bars, but that's another story.

Keith Edwards, who doesn't know what other cars might also have Torsion
bars...
Suffolk, VA
5.25 1st gen. CRXs
7.5 old British cars/parts