Madison, WI

Subject: Madison, WI
From: "matthew c. mead" <mmead-autox@goof.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:39:46 -0400
A while back I asked about some opinions on Austin, TX.  It was
one place I'd consider relocating.  Well, given the state the
economy is in, I have been open to a lot of different areas, and
found a lead in Madison, WI.

The lead turned into an interview and offer, and it's looking
like my strongest opportunity.

What BMW CCA activity is there in the Madison, WI, area?  What
about SCCA Solo II and autocrossing in general?  I'm preparing a
SpecMiata for late next season - it looks like the fields are
reasonably sized there, in this class, too - anyone here
participate?

My M3 won't be too happy in the salt, and soon enough the Miata
won't be street drivable, so maybe a 325ix is in order.

Obviously the climate is quite a bit different from Virginia, but
it looks like proximity to good tracks (Road America and Black Hawk
Farms) is awesome.

Will I be able to get into ice racing in the Madison, WI area?  I
suppose I'll need a fwd light something (Golf?) for that to avoid
the $$$ 4wd classes.

Thanks for any help!

-matt

--