Re: Getting lots

To: "David W. James" <vnend@adelphia.net>, "'autox'"
Subject: Re: Getting lots
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:00:06 GMT
>Last night I noticed that a 'local' company has a decent sized lot
>that appears to be empty in the evening, and I hope on weekends.
>Before I walk in cold and introduce myself I would like to do my
>research on how to word the proposition and how to phrase and explain
>things to people new and possibly skeptical of the sport.  Other than
>that I figure I'll treat it like a combination job interview and cold
>sales call, going for a foot in the door and a good impression..

Word to say a lot: "Insurance".  As in "We have a million dollars worth of
insurance
and will name your company as an insured for this event" and "We have never
had an insurance claim".

Words to NEVER say:  "race", "racing", "racecars".  As soon as they hear one
of those words, they will not hear anything else you say.  Autocrossing is a
sport based on precision driving, not speed.  Tell them that, and run your event
that way.

Phil Ethier