Re: [evolution-disc.] Insurance study of racing drivers

To: "Woody" <woodym3@erols.com>, <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Insurance study of racing drivers
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 17:35:33 -0500
> the only measure that was used to determine whether a driver was a "safe
> driver"
> was how many accidents they had been involved in ....

By that definition I would probably be charged with involvement in an
accident I had some time back.

Never mind that the other car violated MY right-of-way by three different
definitions as he drove across my nose, or that I minimized the damage of
the accident by my competition-trained response (I did NOT just jam the
brakes and T-bone him).

But I'm one of those unsafe SCCA wildmen. And I've had a few other street
and highway opportunities to be damn glad I am by applying my skills and
training to avoid becoming an IIHS statistic.

Of course, how do you measure all the accidents avoided because of our
performance driving skills?

--Rocky Entriken