Re: [evolution-disc.] Laser Photoheads

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Laser Photoheads
From: Lloyd Loring <LWLoring@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:25:09 -0500
We have them in South Bend and like them a lot. We made an (about
16x20 light aluminum plate that fits in our tote) panel which we
coated with 3M reflective sheeting (from any sign shop.) This is
propped up behind the reflector so that you can easily find the beam
and sero it in. You should know that many of these emitters have TWO
beams; the main one and a much weaker one. Our reflective set-up
board helps us locate the main beam easily and quickly while avoiding
the weak beam that is very unstable.

We also cemented in place the ball bearing that is the pivot for the
adjusting mechanism. This also speeds set-up and assures a reasonable
range of adjustment.

Lloyd Loring   <LWLoring@attbi.com>