Evolution SEDiv - Friday

To: TeamZ06@aol.com,
Subject: Evolution SEDiv - Friday
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:58:42 EDT
Well the good news is we did get access to the site and get the Saturday
course setup this afternoon.  In anticipation of the large crowd, we rented a
30' x 40' pavillon tent with tables & chairs to serve as a spectator/lunch
area and provide some relief from the elements.  Saw a few sprinkles during
the afternoon, but nothing of any substance to wet the track down, which
we're told drains and drys very quickly if we do wind up in the path of a
passing thunderstorm.

Bad news is we only had 100 people check-in this evening; mostly those who
had to drive substantial distances to get here.  Those outstanding are mostly
folks with short drives who probably didn't care to pay for a hotel room.  If
the other 90+ pre-registered entrants show up during the 1 hour late
registration check-in at the site tomorrow morning the poop might get deep
trying to process them all.  This also prevents us from pre-determining the
heat/class/grid structures until tomorrow morning too.  Sigh .... the fun
never ends, but at the least the course is setup and ready to go, one less
worry.

Mark Sipe
SEDiv SOlo2 Steward