Re: How do you support Club Officials

To: Glenn Duensing <bluethunder@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: How do you support Club Officials
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:05:02 -0500
Our club is very similar, the majority of our permanent event staff is long
term.  Every year we seem to pick up one additional person, but getting them
heavily involved is a rarity.

Our club BOD is decidedly against reduced entry fees for event staff.  For
some reason, they say that "paying a volunteer" by giving a discount goes
against the volunteerism nature of how the club is run.  I kind of
understand.  Instead, the club tries to offer them other perks...T-Shirts,
beer after events, reduced prices at the club banquet, etc.  Either way, the
club's still paying them, so I'm not really sure what the difference is.

-A.