Re: SM2 and F125

To: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: SM2 and F125
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:49:36 -0400
> Regions can do whatever they want. If you want the "Red Corvette with
Dual
> side pipes class" then just add it to your region's supplemental rules.
If
> you never get any attendance in ASP then remove it from your region's
class
> structure. Anyone who shows up with and ASP car will have to run AMod.

Agreed.

> SM2 is not showing large attendance figures at National level events,
hence
> its provisional status. No big deal if its eliminated from National class
> structure. Because it means that there were not enough competitors going
> National level events to support it.

Completely agreed.

There is nothing wrong with educating SM2 competitors as to how the system
works though, so they at least they have the opportunity to work within it
if they choose to.

But the bottom line is that they MUST come out and play, or the class is
killed.

> The system is not broken. Stop trying to break (ooops, I mean fix) it :-)

I'm not trying to change the system _at all_! There are some... oddities...
about how it is designed (early season attendence results count for a LOT)
but I'm willing to work within it. And like I said in the previous post -
did you read it all the way through? - there is value in setting the bar
high. New classes must be successful; we have no room for Yet Another
Undersubscribed Class. If that means that those who would see a new class
created have to work hard in the first few years to get it on its feet so
quickly, so be it. If one is not willing to work for its success, one does
not deserve to have the class.

Alan, we AGREE with each other completely. Where's the beef?

DG