FJr, Course Walking and Flag Recognition, New SCCA AD

To: <ax-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: FJr, Course Walking and Flag Recognition, New SCCA AD
From: "Phil Kogan" <pkogan@ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:11:01 -0400
Let them drive for free if you want,   by all means just raise the entry fee
for the rest of us !

BUT how about letting them walk the course like the rest of us. There have
been lots of incidents with the little guys zooming around on their bicycles
using us old guys as apex markers.  I would not cherish the idea of having a
bicle becoming implanted in my B.......

Also can all you parents please spend a little time showing your kids what a
Red Flag is and what to do when they see it.

We had an incident at the Rome Nationals.  One Fjr spun on the course and we
had to Red Flag the next kart.

The kid was totally pblivious to the concept of a Red Flag and was not going
to stop.  When we finally got him stopped (he spun during his stop)  I asked
him if he knew what a Red Flag means.  The response was   "

By the way since I am in rant mode have you got to page 73 of your August
Grass Roots Motorsports?

I have already left a message for Steve Johnson.  How about some good
Marketing instead of this trash.

Phil (Flame if you want) Kogan