Re: SM2 Tire Choice

To: "Mike Lowe" <mikelowe93@houston.rr.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SM2 Tire Choice
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 00:02:11 -0400
Give the Kumho's a shot.  The extra width can't hurt, and generally Kumho's
are known for putting the power down a little better.

This is something I've wondered; how far can we (SM) take the lessons
learned in SP.  These tires and wheels are a good example.  The 13 x Wide is
a no-brainer on CSP CRX's and Miatas, but we can easily exceed these tires
with the available power.  Will we at some point see Miatas with
335/35/17's, because that's what is needed to put the power down?  Or will
the extra size and weight of the huge rolling stock hurt the performance
more than the infinite power helps it?  I dunno, just pondering.

Dave Hardy
89 SM
DILYSI Motorsports - Drive It Like You Stole It!