Re: Subject: Is A-Stock soft?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Subject: Is A-Stock soft?
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:48:02 -0400
At 03:40 PM 6/5/02, bthatch@juno.com wrote:
>Moving the RX7-tt to A-stock will shut down most C4 Corvette
>participation, just like the old days in SS before the Z06s. IMO, let the
>RX7s suffer for a change, or they can prep for ASP and still be
>competitive. Besides the RX7s are really hard and expensive to maintain
>for stock class.

It might, but it shouldn't.......  C4 Corvette's are fully capable of
competing with the RX7tt.  I've driven a bunch of both.
Mike McClure proved it on multiple occassions.  Roger Johnson proved it
early on, and then later on when he switched tire brands.  Matt Braun
proved it on a number of occassions too (in the "wrong" car, a 93 LT1).  I
broke the RX7 one day at an event, and jumped into a very stock Grand
Sport, and proceeded to go faster than I had in the RX7 (and I did pretty
well Nationally in the RX7).

Did the RX7 look dominant when they shared SS, sure.  But look at the shear
number of the cars involved, there were many more RX7's being run by the
top guys than C4's.  Naturally the RX7 would be the dominant car (Money,
money, money).

I agree that the Mazda is more expensive to maintain than a Corvette, but
that shouldn't effect the cars classing.  That should be based on
performance potential.

I'm sure the

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts