Re: Strange Hoosier tire wear issue - HELP!!!

To: "Mike Neary" <mcneary@usa.com>
Subject: Re: Strange Hoosier tire wear issue - HELP!!!
From: "Brian Berryhill" <bikepoet@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 19:14:55 -0500
I didn't think rim width and LSD or non-LSD had a major effect on tire
wear... so I'd be curious to hear technical standpoints on that.

But, something you don't mention, but I am guessing... is that your DSP
Integra has some pretty stiff springs up front and doesn't allow much body
roll.  In my experience, stiffer springs means less negative camber
needed... but I have a strut suspension.

Your double wishbones probably get more negative camber on compression, but
I only think too much negative camber would be bad on a stiffly sprung car.

Do you have any street tires you could put on?  They will feather the edges
quickly to tell you if your problem is from toe.  I accidentally had around
3/8's total toe out on my Probe once and took a long trip.  That chewed the
tires up really bad.  I run 0-toe all over for better tire wear.

Brian

--
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/brianberryhill
MS Region SCCA:  http://www.msscca.org