Re: [evolution-disc.] DOT Race Tires may become illegal (long)

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:@pimout3-int.prodigy.net;>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] DOT Race Tires may become illegal (long)
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 00:09:57 -0500
> BTW-Where Hoosier may really suffer in the upgraded specs is not with the
> tires we use the most, but in their Bias Ply line which gets some
autocross
> use, but is really big among some vintage road racers.  The bias ply tires
> are also the bread and butter of several VERY small specialty tire makers
> for vintage cars.  Also aren't the M&H tires the Vintage BSP folks run a
> Bias Ply?  The upgraded specs especially on Road Hazard survivability may
be
> the death knell for Bias Ply car and LT tires.
I suspect if this were to happen that the various Vintage sanctioning groups
would have to allow more "modern" tires or fold up their events, which just
isn't going to happen if the drivers have anything to say about it.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon R/T (see-dan)
#69 STS
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger