Online Event Registration

To: Evolution List <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Online Event Registration
From: William Loring <bloring@TIRERACK.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:14:02 -0500
Sorry for the cross-posting:

Following, a shameless plug for a Very Useful Website:

For those of you looking for an easy way to register for events online, or
interested in offering online registration for your club, I would suggest
you check out:

http://www.myautoevents.com/

MyAutoEvents.com (MAE) was created by fellow autocrosser Steve Couture, and
in my opinion it's a great tool both for competitors and for event
organizers.

As a competitor, it makes finding events and registering for them a very
simple process. You can use the site to search for many different types of
events, such as Solo II, Track Events, Road Races, Car Shows, Swap Meets...
or you can look for individual clubs, sanctioning bodies, or schools. You
can search by category, zip code, time frame...

You can create a secure account on the site, and use it to register for any
event that's listed. You only have to enter your personal information once.
Some events will even allow you to pay your registration in advance, through
PayPal.

You can keep a calendar of events you want to attend, and the site will
remind you when registration deadlines are approaching.

For the event organizer, there are many advantages as well.

One of the biggest bottlenecks at our club's events is registration. The
lines are long, it can get chaotic and confusing for novices, and somebody
has to enter all that data into the computer, hopefully without making
mistakes.

MAE simplifies this process, by allowing entrants to register before the
event. Now, when I get to the event, I've already got a good portion of the
people attending entered into the computer. They get through the line
quicker, and data entry is less work as well.

It's easy to list your events on MAE, and once the entries start coming in,
they're easy to download in a variety of formats (including TS98), for
importing into your T&S software.

Best of all, the entire service is FREE to both competitors and to event
organizers!!! What more could you ask for?

I could go on about all the great things on this site, but really you should
just go and check it out. To see my club's listings, click on the following
link:

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventList.Show?psclub_id=19

What's my motivation for writing all this? Simple. I have no connections to
MAE or Steve Couture, but the more of you that use MAE, the easier my job
becomes as co-registrar and T&S chief for my region. I want this site to be
a success, because I see it making my job easier, and making it easier for
competitors to enter our events.

On a selfish level, I'm also hoping that the CENDIV series will start using
this site for event registration. That would be nice.

Sorry for the interruption, I hope this is useful to some folks.

Best regards,

William Loring
SBR SCCA webmaster, Solo II Co-Registrar, Solo II T&S Chief
http://www.sbrscca.org/