Re: Tom McCahill

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Tom McCahill
From: JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:35:44 -0400
Dear "Uncle Phil" --

I recall McCahill's test of the AC Cobra that said the trunk only had room
for a "six-pack and a clean shirt."  And one comment on a Jeep CJ he tested
said something about the seats being so bad and the doors so non-existant
that you could "toss Grandpa right out of his seat and into the corner
saloon in one bounce."  Vinyl seats in a Dodge (?) were best cleaned by
scrubbing them with "the back of a wet poodle."

AX content, quickly inserted...  Did he ever autocross any of the cars
tested?

JDK

                      "Phil Ethier"

                      <pethier@isd.net         To:      <JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com>

                      >                        cc:      <autox@autox.team.net>,
<lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
                                               Subject: Re: Sexy Cars, WAS: DS
vs ES
                      05/13/02 11:27

                      PM

>Mechanix Illustrated.  I was immediately
>enchanted by Tom McCahill's writings.

Some sample fragments from Tom, strained through my boyhood memories:

"The makers say say this car does not heal in corners.  Look at this
picture.  If that mouse ain't healing, there's a helluvan earthquake in
Florida."

"The Triumph was a red as the eyes of a bloodshot bishop."

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org