Re: Sexy Cars, WAS: DS vs ES

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sexy Cars, WAS: DS vs ES
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:20:42 -0600 (MDT)
A Spitfire with a rotor motor?  It'll never happen!  In truth, I sort of
recall a Pro Solo in Ogden, Utah a number of years ago when Fred Miranda
had his red rotary Spitfire there.  Neat.

At the IVR events we run [ http://www.team.net/ivr ] RX7s seem to be the most
popular vehicle.  At the April event we had not only the usual crowd of first
generation RX7s, but a third generation car with a 20B.  That was a nice car.

We also had a Datsun 1200 with a rotor motor in it.  Wonder if anyone on this
list remembers Janice Barlow, and her 198? DP national championship.  Same
car, same driver, differnet motor.  She didn't make any runs, developed an
oil leak during warmup which couldn't be fixed on site.

Okay, I'll quit playing the rambling curmudgeon and get back to writing this
stuff up for the IVR newsletter.  I think I should get the entry forms and
info for this weekend's race in the mail soon.

mjb.