Re: "Tahrs"

To: "Phil Vanner" <phil@outtech.com>, <JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com>
Subject: Re: "Tahrs"
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:36:09 -0600
Phil Vanner <phil@outtech.com>

>Lutefisk is dried codfish that has ben treated with lye.
>
>Not a typo. Lye; as in the active ingredient in oven cleaner.
>
>No, I am not making this up and yes, it is intended for human consumption.
>Real Minnesotans (I'm a transplant from Rhode Island) mainatain that,
>properly prepared, it is quite delicious.

Trust me.  I am a real Minnesotan, and I have never maintained that.  In
fact, as I have pointed out, there is a group of Norwegians here that have
made a cause of steering people away from lutefisk and on to torsk.

>Of course, these are Minnesotans. I have known people here who, as
>recreation, will try to see how much OPEN WATER their snowmobiles can cross
>on semi-frozen lakes. Collectively, their sanity remains open to question.

Hey, HEY!  That was invented in WISCONSIN!  One night a guy up by Webster
did it by accident, while drunk.  The next day, when they figured out what
happened, they started doing it on purpose.

What WAS invented in Minnesota was water-skiing, a sport that has since gone
on to entertain lots of folks in Florida, JD.  So it goes...

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org