Re: Tractor Batteries

To: mapco@att.net, dave2020@mindspring.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tractor Batteries
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:01:36 -0500
This conversion will probably work OK for a race car, but not one driven on
the street. I doubt that any lawn tractor battery has the cold cranking amps
or the reserve capacity to start an automotive engine when the temperature
drops into the teens or twenties. Even under the best of conditions, they
won't last long.

The tip about the cables is "very" important. Use the biggest cable possible
and keep the run as short as possible, especially with a battery like a
tractor type with limited capacity. You can't afford to loose any of the
current to resistance in the cable.

Larry Steckel