Tractor Batteries

To: <solo2atlanta@topica.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tractor Batteries
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 22:04:47 +0200
The battery in my Civic has finally died, and I am considering a lawn tractor
battery since it is pretty much a dedicated racecar.  I went to Autozone, and
they had a decent selection.  The stock battery is 430 CCA, and they had a
tractor battery that was 300 CCA, which I think will be fine.  A bonus is that
it costs half as much.  The problem is that none of them listed a voltage.  Is
it safe to assume that lawn tractors run on 12V?  Anyone else done this and
have any input?

Thanks,
Dave Hardy
89 SM