Re: New V700's

To: <PgrMstr@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New V700's
From: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:53:20 -0500
Jeff,

I just placed my order with TireRack for tires.

Street - Bridgestone potenza S-03 pole positions (about $120 each).
Apparently they are an excellent daily driver high performance tire but are
stones in the cold. I wanted something with more grip than the Ecsta 712 and
more longevity/daily driver comfort and wet weather performance than the
Azenis. My much beloved OEM RE-010s are used up and the Pole Positions look
like a better tire for less money.

I also just ordered 225/45/15 fronts and 205/50/15 rears of the Ecsta V700.
they are on back order and tire rack says to expect it to be 6 weeks or
more. I also plan to buy Hoosiers for big events so if the V700s don't show
up in time I'll just run the Hoosiers. I also really don't know if the new
Kumhos will be better than the VictoRacers but I am hoping they are. I know
the size will be better and the rotational mass will be less and that's
really important for the ITR.

All told that's a hell of a lot of cash for tires ($1700). But the street
tires should last 3 years and if I do things right I will only need to buy
one more pair of Hoosier fronts for the rest of the season. That will work
out to 2 fewer tires than I used last year.

Regards,
Alan