Re: electricity

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electricity
From: LJ Boardman <webdoc@portone.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:42:39 -0600
We power 2 laptop computers (one for timing and the other for display) plus
a PA system with 5-6 speakers, a laser timing light setup and a starting
"traffic" light, all from a battery without a problem.  We use a deep
discharge gel cell type.  We have forgotten to charge it once or twice and
started to get low voltage near the end of an event.  We simply take one of
the tow vehicles and jumper it in.

Overall this has worked very well for us.  We tried a solar charger on the
trailer to recharge the battery between events but it did not work out.

We are considering a generator but even the quietest one may still be an issue.

Larry Boardman
C.A.R.T
Webmaster www.cartct.com
F Stock Camaro #21