ESP (mostly) '87 Mustang GT for sale

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: ESP (mostly) '87 Mustang GT for sale
From: "Dunlap, Peter" <Peter.Dunlap@Surgient.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:06:51 -0600
The time has come for me to sell my '87 Mustang GT.  This car would make an
excellent entry level autocrosser because it pretty much comes with
everything
you would need to get started.  You could run the car in ESP or SM class, or
or it would be a good starting point for a CP, American Sedan, or open track

car.  I've had this car since the spring of 1994, and it has been reliable
as a stone -- the car runs and drives perfect.  Its one flaw is that it
needs
paint.

I'm asking $5500 for the car with all the stuff listed below -- I just did
some math and figured out it would cost over $4000 just to reproduce the
engine and exhaust setup in this car!  My financial indiscretion can be
your gain!

All offers will be entertained -- I would also consider the idea of selling
the car for a lower price without some of the equipment here.  If I can't
sell the car as a package, I'll end up taking all the high performance stuff
off of it and selling it through the paper -- I don't want to do that, so
make me an offer!

Suspension
----------
Griggs adjustable panhard bar

Ground control weight jacks at all four corners, 850# springs up front,
180# sprint in back.

CCM Caster/camber plates

CCM lower steering shaft (eliminates "rag" joint)

Global West Del-Alum front control arm bushings

Maximum Motorsports adjustable tubular front bar
        (heim joint end links, with weld-on sway bar mount braces)

Koni red shocks and struts

Maier strut tower brace

Wheels
------
Set of 4 15x8.5 Centerline Convo-Pro wheels (use Hoosier 245/45-15 tires)

Set of 4 16x8 Roh wheels (not pretty, but lots of tires that fit)

Set of 4 stock turbine rims with almost new Firestone SZ-50 tires
    (less than 2000 miles on these tires)

Engine
------
265 horsepower at the wheels (I still have the dyno sheet --
this is probably between 300-320 horsepower at the flywheel)

'92 Mustang GT block

'93 Cobra GT-40 iron cylinder heads

GT-40 tubular intake manifold

Cobra 1.7 ratio roller rockers

24lb/hr injectors (bought last February)

65MM throttle body and EGR spacer

10000RPM aluminum flywheel (9 lbs)

King Cobra clutch disk and pressure plate

BBK "jet-hot" coated 1 5/8" long tube headers

Dr. Gas 2.5" offroad X-pipe

Dynomax race magnum mufflers with turn-downs before the rear axle

155lph Ford Motorsport fuel pump

Speed density fuel injection with custom Johnson Motorsports chip
    (Burned on chassis dyno with wideband O2 sensor)

March aluminum underdrive pulleys

Moroso Cold-air induction kit with K&N conical air filter

More Engine Info
----------------
Engine built in January 2000 (I still have the info from the machine shop)

Rotating assembly balanced

New rings/bearings/roller lifters

Radius valve job and complete rebuild on cylinder heads

All machine work and assembly of short block performed by Wayne Calvert
Precision Engine Service in Denton, TX

Engine has about one season worth of autocrossing (first autocross run was
March 2000, last run April 2001) and about 8000 highway miles.

All parts listed under "Engine" with the exception of the headers, X-pipe,
and fuel pump were either installed with the engine or are newer than the
engine

Drivetrain
----------
New FMS T5-Z tranny installed about 40K miles ago

New FMs 8.8" 3.55 ratio rear axle assembly installed about 20k miles ago

FMS aluminum drive shaft

Stuff in my attic that goes with the car
New, never installed Griggs complete frame stiffening kit (through-the-floor

subframe connectors)

A9L computer and mass-air meter for possible conversion to mass-air fuel
injection

At least one set of used upper and lower rear control arms (pretty sure
I have two sets)

Used FMS 3.27 ratio ring and pinion set

JBA Aluminum offset steering rack bushings

Like-new SN-95 front control arms (bushings and ball joints look perfect,
these were take-offs from a '98 Cobra (purchased in 1998!), the rear control

arms from the same '98 Cobra are already on the car)

New Autometer A-piller mount for two 2 5/8" gauges

New Autometer oil pressure and water temperature gauges
     (guages are Pro-Comp 2 5/8" liquid filled)

New BBK fuel line mounted fuel pressure gauge

Magnetic letters and numbers -- you can be ESP/CP/SM/EM 1/4/14/41

Asking $5500 for everything, or make me an offer!  Feel free to call me with
any questions.

-Peter Dunlap
peter.dunlap@surgient.com

Home phone: (512) 249-6822