Re: timing equ.

To: "Thomas L Brewsaugh" <dragonflyc@juno.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: timing equ.
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:04:38 -0800
Some Regions, like ours, are way too anal and require lots of paper work
which must be reconciled later.  We have 3 to 4 station logs, a master cone
log, and a backup timing log (records car #, time off of timer [not
computer], and any cones). The station logs on course are considered 1st
generation regarding cones and the backup timing log is considered 1st gen
regarding times and cars since the computer operator can miss a car,  miss
hitting stop when a car doesn't come thru the lights or miss or enter
incorrect cone counts.  I tend to think it's overkill for local events, but
some folks take this stuff real seriously and it's only my job to implement
it.  The only problem with deleting a time for a rerun is if you goof and
delete the wrong time or it's decided after you delete that they shouldn't
get the rerun, the time is lost unless you've recorded it somewhere.  Our
backup log actually fills this function.  There have been times when the
computer operator screws up and a bunch of times get assigned to the wrong
cars.  The backup log lets us reconstruct the stuff in the computer.  We
hold the start and fix it right then.

Rick Brown
CalClub Solo2 T&S