Re: Lightweight lap belts

To: <KATNDADRACING@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lightweight lap belts
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:32:20 -0600
> You can pick them up pretty cheap,
> and use them for 4 more years.  Have fun!!!

Actually, in SCCA Solo II there is no time limitation on harnesses.

The statement is true in SCCA road racing, however, where belts cannot be
more than five years old (some sanctioning bodies [NHRA?] impose a 2-year
limit).

Getting a year-old set from a roundy-rounder is a pretty good idea! In fact,
I sold off my 5-year-old set to an autocrosser last time I had to update for
road racing. It was a way he could try a full harness cheap.

--Rocky