Meridian National Tour

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Meridian National Tour
From: "Steven Volpp" <volpp@netdoor.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:25:54 -0600
No tour this year.

Contrary to team.net postings there have never been any issues between the
Mississippi Region and Denver about a scheduling change due to weather.
Since we have this new thing called a war going on, we have been dealing
with the FAA who does not like the fact that anyone who would attend the
event in any capacity has the ability to walk directly up to a Northwest or
Delta flight, and the National Guard, who is flying refueling missions 24-7
to support the war.

Things have drastically changed at the airport.  All entrances, including
where we entered last year, are barricaded and have National Guard with guns
and real bullets.  We LOVED hosting this event and will terribly miss it.
To all who have attended in the past, we want to thank you for attending and
giving the Mississippi Region, and specifically, John, Holly, and myself,
the opportunity to host three tours. We have three amazing memories we will
remember for the rest of our lives.  We hope you had some fun too.   Maybe
things will change and we can all come back and play next year.  Denver says
we can host a tour any year we can get the facility, so until then, wave
your flag,  and say your prayers.

Don't stop attending events in 2002.  Remember what Roger so eloquently said
at the banquet at Nationals............"Don't let the bastards win."