FS: CP Camaro

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: FS: CP Camaro
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:58:46 EST
*** "Tommy Regan" <tommyr@texas.net> writes: ***

Hey y'all,

Sorry for the cross post! :-)

I'm putting the Camaro up for sale.  I've campaigned this car at the
national level for the last two years, in which time it has made some great
strides in reliability and performance.  It's now the best it has ever been
and it still has lots more potential (in tuning alone!).  Over just the last
6 months, the car received about $2500 in modifications, mainly some really
nice Ground Control stuff.

In the last two years at Nationals, the car has moved up from the 13th
trophy position (of 17) to 4th place out of 66 and 56 drivers, respectively.
With some better driving and some more tuning, I'm confident the car will be
able to win some day.  In fact, I would love to co-drive the car at
Nationals '02 if the buyer would let me! :-)  It's also the CP Pro Solo
National Champion car for 2001.  Why am I selling?  I want a cool street car
again, plain and simple...and the budget doesn't allow as many toys as I'd
like.  So, yes, this means the truck and trailer will also be up for sale.
Details on those will be coming.  Details of the car are as follows:

1985 Chevy Camaro IROC-Z

Pictures and some details are available at:
http://tommyr.home.texas.net/camaro.html  Please feel free to e-mail me if
you'd like to see pics of any specific areas/aspects of the car.

Chassis/Suspension:
- Tuned at an Evolution Dial-In School (2001)
- Ground Control Advance Design struts (double adjustable, low speed
compression & rebound)
- Koni rear shocks (double adjustable)
- Ground Control front and rear weight jacks and springs
- Adjustable 36mm front and 23mm rear sway bars (and spares)
- Ground Control adjustable heim joints on both sway bars
- Poly bushing in the front arms
- Ground Control heim jointed rear control arms (no bind)
- Ground Control caster/camber plates with heim joints
- Kirkey aluminum seat with 4 point harness
- Jegs/Summit type plastic seat for passenger (not installed)
- 5 gallon JAZ fuel cell with new lines from cell to carb
- Relocated battery (gel cell) to right rear of car
- (4) 16x12 Real Racing Wheels (same size and spacing at all four corners)
- Nearly brand new 25x12-16 Hoosier slicks (R45 compound) (possibly a brand
new set, too!)
- (4) 16x8 Z28 wheels painted silver
- Very fresh 245/55-16 Hoosier Dirt Stocker rain tires (used twice)
- Full assortment of Autometer Ultralight gauges in a custom built dash
- Autopower roll cage converted to weld-in (~12 point or so)
- mild (~2") cowl induction hood
- fresh <2 year old paint (garage kept and quite pretty, I might add :-)
- Currently is at ~53% front weight with much more weight
reduction/balancing available
- Currently has ~250 lbs. of ballast where the rear seats used to be

Engine:
- ~390 hp 355 Chevy (balanced with ARP hardware)
- '87 one piece rear main seal 4 bolt block
- Angle plug (double hump) GM 492 heads with 2.02/1.60 valves
- TRW flat-top pistons (~10.5:1)
- Crane 1.6:1 roller tip rockers
- Comp Cams 280H cam (.480" lift with 1.5 rockers, 230' @ .050")
- Victor Junior intake
- Holley 750 carb with vacuum secondaries
- Hooker Super Comp long tube headers (1-3/4" primaries, 3" collectors)
- Single 3.5" Dr. Gas Spintech muffler with turndown
- MSD 6AL ignition/rev limiter/shift light
- Holley electric fuel pump and adjustable pressure regulator
- Flex-a-lite dual electric fan (car never runs hot!)
- K&N air filter and "Xtreme" filter lid
- Fresh Taylor plug wires with aluminum wire looms

Drivetrain:
- True Trac torsen type differential (very nice and well worth the money!)
- Borg-Warner Super T-10 4 speed (3.42, 2.28, 1.46, 1.00 gear ratios)
- Hurst shifter
- Less than one year on new Ram clutch and pressure plate
- 8.5" 10 bolt rear end (not the weak 10 bolt rear end these cars came with
from the factory)
- 3.08 gears (top speed in second is approx. 72 mph)
- Four wheel disc brakes (1LE rear brakes included, but not installed)
- Carbotech front brake pads
- Lightened steel flywheel

This is a "turn key" racecar and is already proven extremely competitive at
the National level.  I've had it to the drag strip only one time for 2 or 3
passes.  In full blown autocross trim (i.e. wide slicks, regular tire
pressures, shock settings, sway bar settings, etc.) it ran a 13.0 @ 111 mph.
The E/T isn't great, as expected, but the mph is indicative of quite a bit
of power.  In drag trim (should you want to), it should be a mid to low 12
second car in the ~113 mph range.  And the car has a high enough top speed
for Driver Education events at TWS and such (>150 mph).  A package deal with
my '99 model Texas Bragg trailer (with custom tire rack) may be arranged, if
the buyer is interested.  The car also will come with a custom fitted water
repellant car cover.  Price is $12000.

Interested folks please call me at home at 512-259-5566 or on my cell phone
512-917-8666 (917-TOMMY).

Thanks!
Tommy - who knows he'll regret this someday :-\