Re: F-Body question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: F-Body question
From: Keith S <Keith944T@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:14:56 -0800 (PST)
I don't want to pretend to know anything about F-bodies, but does this  car
have a hydraulic clutch?

I had a similar problem with an old Ford F-150 (Yes I know an F-body from an
F-150) and the problem was incredibly simple and easy to fix.

On the truck there is a diaphragm (kinda looks like a little plastic cup) in
the clutch master cylinder that can be hard to see if you don't know it's
there. Some folks think it's low on fluid and fill it up over the diaphragm
without removing it.
That's what the previous owner did. I took it out, emptied the fluid into
the resevoir and pumped up the clutch, Ta daa!

I don't know if GM does it the same way Ford did on those trucks but it's
worth a look.

Keith