Re: ax-digest V1 #697

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ax-digest V1 #697
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:12:10 EST
Bob,

What you are dealing with is a viscosity thing.  The transmission will
work more normally when cold if you switch to a synthetic lubricant.

When the transmission gets warm, the gear lube thins and aerates
to some extent, making the gears easier to move around.  Note that
you may have to change the fluid a couple of times for the full effect.
I'd drive it a couple of weeks between changes to maximize the
removal of the old sludgy stuff....

Alan