For Sale - '98 Integra Type R

To: "Evolution Discussion" <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: For Sale - '98 Integra Type R
From: "Brian Leduc" <brianl@swcp.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:01:56 -0500
Here are the particulars:
  a.. 1998 Integra Type R, Championship White
  b.. Original Owner, purchased new in July '98, always factory serviced
w/records
  c.. Car is in Excellent Mechanical and Cosmetic Condition
  d.. About 26,500 miles as of 11/5/01
  e.. Covered by Acura Factory Warranty until July 29, 2002 or 50,000 miles,
which ever comes first
  f.. Factory Options: A/C, Cassette (in addition to standard CD player), Type
R Floor Mats, Mud Flaps
  g.. Clifford Alarm w/remote keyless entry (professionally installed)
  h.. Konig GT-R Wheels (15 x 6.5) with almost new Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires
(205/50-15). These are my street wheels/tires
  i.. Rebuilt Transmission by Acura 10/26/01. (Those that know me will verify
that I have never been accused of being a smooth shifter. The good news for
the buyer is that the car will not likely be autocrossed again before sale)
  j.. New Clutch/Pressure Plate (done while tranny was out)
Additional Stuff:
  a.. Factory Type R Wheels (white, 15 x 6) with Hoosier Autocross compound
tires (225/45 F, 205/50 R, Tire Rack Heat Cycled). Tires have about 15 laps on
them. Rears still show the "holograhic" tread)
  b.. H&R Wheel Spacers (Longer wheel studs installed. Stock studs also
included)
  c.. Comptech High Flow Air Filter (oil, cleaning kit, and stock filter also
included)
  d.. Factory Type R Front Mask
  e.. Factory Anti-theft Wheel Nuts
  f.. Factory Shop Manual
This is a southwestern car (Albuquerque), and has lived all its life in a
garage. It has rarely seen snow and has NEVER seen roadsalt, sand, or other
nasty chemicals. The car has trophied at a couple National Tours, and won the
1999 Wendover Pro in GS-National Class. There is a nice photo of the car at
the 2001 SDNT in the May 2001 Sports Car on page 22 (I can also provide other
scanned photos, but the resolution will not be very good). It has never been
wrecked (a small parking lot dent in the left rear quarter panel has been
professionally repaired, and there is a small scrape on the lower front air
dam on the passenger side).

Reason for selling: I am currently looking for a used Porsche 911, and when I
find what I want, the Type R will have to go.(Additional detail: I am 41, and
have wanted a 911 since I was 14. Spouse says its a "middle age crazy"
thing.....maybe).

I am trying to coordinate the purchase of the 911 with the sale of the Type R.
For that reason, I can't say with 100% certainty when the Type R will be
available, but I am actively looking for a 911, and would like to be able to
move the Type R in close proximity to purchasing the 911. I can be somewhat
flexible on this, but it could be a few weeks or more until I find the right
911.

With the right driver, this car has the potential to challenge for a National
Championship. At the very least, it can seriously shake things up in your
local PAX class!

The asking price with all the extras is $22,000. If I can not find a fellow
autocrosser to buy the car, then the autocross wheels/tires and other extras
may be parted out, but the goal is to sell it all as a package to someone that
will know what to do with it. If you or anyone you know are looking for a Type
R, and are flexible with regards to the timing of the purchase, lets talk.

I will provide the VIN number for anyone that would like to run a CarFax or
Consumers Guide check on it.

If you are interested or have any questions, please reply privately with a
phone number, and I will give you a call.

Best Regards,

Brian Leduc